Aquastat X11 —
The new standard in bacteria and mold protection
The control of bacteria and viruses has long been a primary concern in the protection of human health. More studies are being released everyday that show how germs (bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi) are able to stay alive and active on various surfaces. The innocent passerby then comes in contact with the contaminated surface and has now become a host for the bacteria or virus to grow and be transmitted to yet another person. As the process of transmission of illness is becoming understood more every day, there is a growing awareness of the need to control biological growth in and on surfaces. Some specific areas where surfaced-based antimicrobial protection is fey are: household and specialty products, medical devises, building materials, countertops and kitchen components, children’s toys, plastics and HVAC systems.
Despite the many products claiming the ability to protect surfaces from bacteria growth, independent studies are beginning to show that many of these products have no or little efficacy to control bacteria. Additionally, many products are limited in functionality in that they are designed to control bacteria growth alone, with no ability to control mold and fungi.
To meet these challenges, we have transformed four years of concentrated research into a product with superior antimicrobial activity in an easy-to-apply form. Our patented antimicrobial additive is manufactured as a fine, inorganic, free-flowing powder that has been proven to control a broad spectrum of bacteria, mold and fungi. We also has the ability to custom-design the Aquastat X11 material for formulation into specific devices or end uses for a wide range of applications.
The engineered functionality behind the Aquastat material enables it to release trace amounts of our proprietary mineral-based antimicrobial when moisture is present (either though contact with a human hand, water, or humidity in the air). By functioning in this fashion, the media acts as a time released capsule maintaining a constant level of the antimicrobial protection on all surfaces to prevent bacteria and mold growth over extended periods. Additionally, the inorganic nature of the Aquastat X11 material allows safe handling, storage, and application into any current fabrication process.
- Air filtration systems for home, office, and confined areas
- Humidification/dehumidification systems
- Paper-based building materials
- Paint and Surface coatings
- Plastics and molded products
- Medical devises
- Counter tops and kitchen items
- Children’s toys
- Resin-based outdoor furniture
- Registered for use in air and drinking water filters
- Controls a Broad Spectrum of bacteria, molds and viruses
- Time Release action allows continuous protection in high humidity or even water environments.
- US EPA Registered Product
- Registered for use in drinking water filters.
- Inorganic-based and stable – easily applied into various coating or admixing applications.